Universal Super Dimmer Insert from Merten - 577099.
For ohmic, inductive and capacitive loads. E.g. incandescent lamps, dimmable wound transformers and electronic transformers. The dimmer is overload-proof, short-circuit-proof and hum-free, and has a soft start function which softly dims up a connected load.
- The universal dimmer automatically recognizes the connected load (Do not connect any mixed loads)
- Load: 25 - 420 VA
- Nominal voltage: 220 - 230V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Neutral conductor: Not Required (2-wire installation)
- With memory function of the last lighting level settings
- Overload protection feature
- Mounted: horizontal or vertical
Attention! This dimmer module also suitable for dimming of low-voltage halogen lighting.
The dimmer does not work for every installation, because not every transformer can be dimmed. Dimmable electronic transformers as standard is marked as "DIMMABLE". Test the combination first!
A transformer that is not designed for dimming may work but is likely to emit audible noise when dimmed. This noise is usually a symptom of internal stress, which in turn can cause failure of the connected device or dimmer. Wound transformers always have to be of the “ring core” type, not “E-core” type (f.i. Erea). Add 20-30% to the total lamp wattage on a circuit. This provides a margin for transformer losses when calculating circuit loadings.
Caution: The dimmer requires a minimum load of 25VA for operation. If this is not met, the dimmer may be damaged.