Z-Wave Plus flush-mounted Universal Dimmer from Fibaro - FGD-212-ZW5 with Power Metering feature.
Remotely controlled light dimming module is designed to work with various types of light sources. It may be connected to 2-wire or 3-wire installation so it can operate with or without neutral lead. Fibaro FGD-212 can switch or dim connected light source either through radio waves or through the wall switch connected directly to it. This device is equipped with an algorithm of smart light source detection which makes configuration easier and ensures high compatibility of the device. It may be used as "Electronic Switch" in 3-wire connection (optional Fibaro AC Bypass FGB-002 is required).
- Communicates via Z-Wave Plus RF (868,42 MHz)
- Range: up to 50m free field, up to 30m in buildings
- Standard and AES-128 encryption
- Group for Association: 5 (Group 1 support 1 node, Group 2 - 5 support 10 nodes)
- Over The Air (OTA) firmware upgrades
- For ohmic, inductive and capacitive loads (Do not connect any mixed loads)
- Implemented algorithm for smart light source detection
- Auto-adjustment of the appropriate control mode (leading edge or trailing edge) to connected load
- Soft start function
- With memory function of the last lighting level settings
- Works with various types of switches – momentary, toggle, three-way, etc.
- Dimmer type: Universal (bidirectional MOSFET switch)
- Load: 50W - 250W (for resistive loads), 50W - 225W (for inductive loads), 50W - 200W (for capacitive loads)
- Supports both 2-wire and 3-wire connections
- Active Power and Energy metering functionality
- Alarm data frames support
- Smart hardware Error modes and messages
- Overheating protection: 105°C
- Power consumption: < 1,3W
Attention! This dimmer module suitable for dimming of low-voltage halogen lighting, CFL tube lamps and LED based lamps. The dimmer does not work for every installation, because not every transformer, CFL or LED can be dimmed. Dimmable electronic transformers, CFLs and LEDs as standard is marked as "DIMMABLE".
Non compatible light device may work but is likely can produce light flickering and (or) an audible humming or buzzing noise when dimmed. This noise and (or) flickering is usually a symptoms of internal stress, which in turn can cause failure of the connected device or dimmer. Add 20-30% to the total lamp wattage on a transformer circuit or 50% on LEDs circuit. This provides a margin for transformer and LEDs losses when calculating circuit loading.
Click here to visit Fibaro Support page for Universal Dimmer 2