Z-Wave Plus USB adapter - UZBZIP Bridge Controller from Z-Wave.Me.
This USB Stick connects a PC or any other computing platform with USB interface to a wireless Z-Wave network. The platform must run a Controller software based on Z/IP from Silicon Labs. One example is Z-Ware from Silicon Labs, available free of charge from their website. This stick works with all certified Z-Wave devices regardless of its vendor or date of origin.
The device implements a virtual serial interface used by the Z-Wave application. Linux and Mac OSX has a built in device driver for the stick and will create a new device named like /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131 (OSX) or /dev/ttyACM0 (Linux). Windows enumerates a new COM device but may require a device driver.
- Communicates via Z-Wave Plus RF (868,42 MHz)
- RF Range Typical: up to 250m in open field, 40m in rooms
- Based on Chipset : ZM5101 (100kbps bandwidth)
- FirmWare upgradeable through USB
- Support: Network Wide Inclusion (NWI) for easy pairing of Z-Wave products
- USB full-speed device connection
- USB powered
Attention! We do not provide any computer software for this product. This product is intended to be used with third party software.
Click here to visit Silicon Labs page for Z/IP Gateway Software SDK