Z-Wave Plus Rain Measuring Sensor - Z-Rain from Popp.
The great advantage of the Z-Rain is, that it not only detects rain but also measures the exact amount of rain. A small little shower is not always a reason to close your side windows. You can also configure the value of rain, when you want to be informed about the rain. During a rainfall the Z-Rain reports the amount of rain every 1024 seconds in m³ (total sum of the rainfall), mm per m² and mm/h (current strength of the rainfall) to the Smart Home Gateway. When the rainfall stops the last measured value will be sent to the gateway.
- Communicates via Z-Wave Plus RF (868,42 MHz)
- Range: up to 100m outdoors
- Group for Association: 3 (Max 5 nodes per Group)
- Over The Air (OTA) firmware upgrades
- Report to association groups as soon as there is a rainfall stronger than 0.5 mm/h (internal rocker tilts once)
- Report to association groups as soon as a defined threshold is recognized in mm/h (heavy rain alert)
- Report to association groups as soon as it stopped raining (delay of 512 sec.) and the value of mm/h goes back to 0
- Values of the rainfall are display in 3 different units: water meter, rain meter and generic sensor
- Rain sensor shows the complete amount of rainfall (m³/m²)
- Rain sensor shows mm/h (sum of last measured value in relation to one hour)