Z-Wave Plus CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detector - 4407 from Popp.
The 4407 CO detector are designed to measure CO levels over time and sound an alarm before dangerous levels of CO accumulate in an environment. CO is a colorless, tasteless and odorless compound produced by incomplete combustion of carbon containing materials. It is often referred to as the "silent killer" because it is virtually undetectable without using detection technology and most do not realise they are being poisoned. Elevated levels of CO can be dangerous to humans depending on the amount present and length of exposure. Smaller concentrations can be harmful over longer periods of time while increasing concentrations require diminishing exposure times to be harmful.
The electro-chemical CO detector controls air quality and warns reliable when CO exceeds a defined limit. In case of an alarm the devices causes a loud sound (85 dB/3m) and reports the alarm as well as the current measured value to the Z-Wave control center. Furthermore the device has an own tamper protection. Thank to its integrated 10 years battery the smoke detector can be used for legally prescribed life cycle without replacing the main battery. The Z-Wave module‘s battery can be replaced with just a few simple steps when the device informs the control center about low battery status.
- Communicates via Z-Wave Plus RF (868,42 MHz)
- Range: Up to 100m outside, up to 40m inside buildings
- Security: AES-128 bit data encryption
- Over The Air (OTA) firmware upgrades
- Group for Association: 2 (Max 10 nodes per Group)
- Built-in sounder and flashing red LED will indicate presence of CO gas
- Fixed installed 10 years lithium battery
- Low battery detection
- Tamper proof protection
- Memory function informs about previous CO detections
- Large easy-to-reach button for test and muting